Castor oil is obtained by cold pressing of castor seeds which come from the plant with the same name. This oil can be either a pale yellow or not have a color at all. Castor oil is highly used in the cosmetic industry, in the pharmaceutical industry, and in the making of paints or plastic products.
Originally from Africa and India, castor oil has gained popularity all over the world due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, that is why it is used for treating different ailments, however, it is also used for hair, skin, and nails.
Benefits of Castor oil:
1. Fights skin inflammation: Be it either solar burns, acne or dry skin, castor oil calms the irritation of the skin. All you need to do is apply castor oil on the affected area and let its anti-inflammatory properties work on the skin. You can wash it off after an hour.
2. Hydrates skin: If you want to hydrate your skin in a healthy and natural manner then use castor oil, its fatty acids will easily enter the skin’s dermis and gently moisturize it.
3. Prevents stretch marks: Stretch marks can appear when pregnant or if you suddenly lose a lot of weight, but they can actually be prevented by using castor oil in time. Rub your belly with castor oil each day during the last two months of your pregnancy and stretch marks won’t be a problem for you.
4. Helps hair regenerate: Castor oil can help your hair grow faster and stay healthy. By massaging your scalp with castor oil you stimulate blood circulation thus accelerating hair growth, castor oil also hydrates your hair and protects it against breakage.
5. Has antibacterial properties: Castor oil fights against infections that can appear on the scalp and can lead to dandruff, itching, or even hair fall. Castor oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties helping your maintain a healthy scalp and hair.